05 Feb We’re always on the lookout for the next PR superstar
If you are looking for a dynamic introduction to the worlds of consumer and corporate PR, and the chance to gain hands-on experience in a supportive team environment, then our internship program might be the perfect launching pad to your career.
At Sefiani and Kite Communications, we are seeking an enthusiastic communications, journalism or media student in their final year of study for an unpaid internship opportunity. Ideally, you would have some level of communications work experience prior to application.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Aiza Rusli at email@example.com, and we’ll be in touch.
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- Experience of working in a similar communications role or completing a communications project at your institute of study
- Your dates of availability
- Attachments with 1-2 examples of your writing, which could range from blog posts to academic essays
Please note that our internships abide by the guidelines set out by the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) which can be found here. This advises that all unpaid internships need to be undertaken as a part of an education or training course. As such, please confirm in your application whether you will be completing the internship as part of your coursework.
What you’ll gain
- Valuable PR experience in a professional and supportive environment
- The rare chance to work across both corporate and consumer PR clients
- The opportunity to build your understanding of the Australian and New Zealand media landscapes
- The opportunity to add to your portfolio
- The opportunity to make contacts in the media industry
- The benefit of flexible work hours
What you’ll be doing
Your duties will include:
- Media-related tasks such as
- Drafting media releases and feature articles
- Researching and formulating media target lists
- Maintaining media coverage trackers
- Conducting media relations
- Other tasks include
- Conducting research for projects and campaigns
- Participating in brainstorm sessions
- Assisting on administrative tasks
- Working across consumer and corporate teams and clients to receive a wide range of mentoring and training
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Professional interpersonal and communication style
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Thorough and professional approach to work
- Some working knowledge of major Australian media outlets (print, digital and social)
- Some working knowledge of major New Zealand media outlets (print, digital and social)
To achieve the best possible outcome for the internship we require prospective interns to be:
- Available for a minimum of two days a week
- Committed to at least a month long internship (if part-time)
- Completing the internship as part of their coursework
We are open to receiving applications from candidates interested in interning during any period throughout the year.
Successful candidates will be supervised by Sefiani Communications Group’s Internship Program Coordinators.
Level 2, 68 York Street, Sydney
Phone: 02 8920 0700
Sefiani Communications offers specialised expertise in corporate and financial communications, issues and crisis management, investor relations, change communication and brand reputation management.
Sefiani’s sister agency, Kite Communications, specialises in integrated and creative communication campaigns for consumer and challenger brands.
Interns will work across both Sefiani and Kite Communications.